Whether it’s after Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, or any other holiday this season, there’s sure to be leftover uneaten pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is one of those pies you either love or hate, and if you do like but get sick of it after a few slices, this recipe could really help you out.
Turning your leftover pumpkin pie into a crème brûlée will give you all the flavors you love but with a new twist that you won’t be able to resist.
- As much leftover pumpkin pie as you have
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar per ramekin
- Extra cinnamon or nutmeg if necessary
- Take your pumpkin pie and scoop out the filling.
- Put the filling in a separate bowl and taste it to see if any of the flavors have weakened. If so, add any extra spices necessary.
- Break up the pie crust and put them on the bottom of small ramekins.
- Fill the ramekins with the filling and sprinkle over 1 tablespoon of sugar over each.
- Use a blowtorch to brown the top of the brûlées.
- If you don’t have a blowtorch, you can put the ramekins into a baking dish with a little bit of water in them.
- Stick it under the broiler for a few minutes until they’re browned on top.