Cranberry sauce is a staple for any Thanksgiving table and for some, Christmas as well. But, after a while, you run out of mashed potatoes or turkey to smother them with, and you are stuck with more cranberry sauce then you would probably like. Luckily, this recipe is perfect for just this circumstance! All you need is a couple of extra ingredients that only take a few minutes to throw together and you have a totally new dish!
- Any leftover cranberry sauce you have
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- One or two oranges
- One lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Take the cranberry sauce and put it into a small saucepan.
- Juice one of the oranges and put it into the saucepan along with the zest of both the oranges, the zest of the lemon, and the spices.
- Stir over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes until the flavors have fully bloomed.
- Taste, and see the thickness and sweetness. If it needs more zing, add in the juice of the second orange.
- Cool before serving. Use as an addition to a cheese board or simply serve as a sweet dip with tortilla or pita chips!