Dessert is just as important as the main course and when you’re having guests over you want to impress them at the end of the meal. This hot fudge cake will do just that and it’s not too sweet. Serve it with some vanilla ice cream and you’ll have a dessert everyone will be talking about!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups hot water
- ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk milk, oil, and vanilla until it’s blended. Add this mix to the flour mixture and stir it until it’s moistened.
- Put the combined mixture in an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan.
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar and cocoa, sprinkling it over the batter. Pour the hot water over it and don’t stir.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes and serve it warm with ice cream or whipped cream.