Over the past few months we’ve been doing a lot of baking and banana bread has been on heavy rotation. But it’s time to try a new bread—pumpkin bread. Pumpkin bread is perfect for this time of year and it’s a great way to enjoy the seasonal squash. This pumpkin bread is super moist and fluffy and here’s how to make it.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-packed pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, cloves, and allspice in another bowl.
- Combine the flour mixture with the pumpkin mixture and mix. Then add the water and mix.
- Pour into two greased 9×5-inch loaf pans and place the bread into the oven.
- Bake until a toothpick can be inserted into the center of the loaf and it comes out clean, around 60-65 minutes.