If you want super crispy roasted potatoes, it’s usually best if you just take any regular potatoes and dice it up small. However, it ends up not necessarily looking super beautiful, and if you want something that tastes incredible but also still looks very aesthetically pleasing, you can use baby potatoes in this simple recipe!
- 1 pound of baby potatoes of any color
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt plus more for salting water
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- Pepper to taste
- First, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once it’s at a boil, salt the water and add in the potatoes. You want to first boil the potatoes a bit because it’ll start the cooking process and give you a crispier potato in the end.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes, drain the water, and dry them off if necessary with a towel.
- Put the potatoes back into the pot or a bowl with the olive, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and pepper to your taste.
- Toss well and then put the potatoes onto a sheet tray and spread evenly.
- Roast at 400 F for 45 minutes or until the skin of the potatoes are super crispy, and you’re done!