Cauliflower risotto with mushrooms sounds like the perfect dinner choice, right? Combined with a glass of white wine it’s a meal we could all use at the end of a tiring week.
- 4 cups cauliflower, grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onions
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped asparagus
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saute pan. Cook the mushrooms for 3 minutes, then put them on a plate.
- Next, cook the garlic and onion together with 1 tablespoon olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Include the cauliflower to the mix and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use the white wine to deglaze the pan until the wine is gone.
- Cook the zucchini, peas, and asparagus together. Include the milk and broth as well.
- Cook for 6 to 8 more minutes and the mix should become thick.
- Take the pan away from the heat and add the cheese, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Pour in the lemon zest and mushrooms. Mix the cauliflower risotto and serve it with basil, parsley, and extra cheese.