A tasty dip is all you need for game or movie night. Salsa, queso, guacamole…they’ve all been done a few too many times. French onion soup is your next go-to dip. Just pair it with chips, bread slices, or crackers and enjoy!
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 3 medium yellow or white onions, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 cups light sour cream
- Turn the stove on and set it to medium-high. Get a pan and melt the butter.
- Add the onions and saute them for half an hour. Make sure to mix every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the onions are caramelized, you can include the garlic as well. Continue cooking for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Take the pan away from the heat and put the onion in the fridge.
- Take the onion out of the fridge after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Divide 1 to 2 tablespoons of the onion mix and put it on a plate. Mix the rest with sour cream, chives, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients and transfer them to a bowl. Decorate with the remaining caramelized onions and fresh chives.