Whether you’ve run out of tortilla chips or want to do a fun cooking activity with your kids, these homemade tortilla chips are super easy and fun!
- 12 oz of corn tortillas, or as many tortillas as you want
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil or more for a larger portion
- One teaspoon of ground cumin
- One teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Three tablespoons of lime juice
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 F.
- Then, take the tortillas and cut them in half. Then, cut them in half again so they’re in quarters. Then, cut each of the quarters in half again so each tortilla is in 8 pieces. You can do this to each tortilla individually or stack the tortillas one on top of the other to do it faster.
- Lay the tortilla wedges out on a cookie sheet in an even layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and oil.
- Use a pastry brush to paint on a little bit of the wet mixture onto each of the wedges and think sprinkle on the spice mixture. Do this to both sides of the tortillas.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, turn the pan and bake for another 6-8 minutes.