Pumpkin rum cake is such a nice change from pumpkin pie, so give this recipe a try!
- 3 cups of flour
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of maple extract
- 4 sticks of salted butter
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup of hot water
- 1 cup of rum
- Whisk together the flour, 2 cups of sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- In the pitcher you measured the buttermilk in, drop in the eggs, both the extracts and the baking soda and whisk.
- In a pot over medium heat, melt 2 sticks of butter. Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, hot water, and whisk.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour and start to mix with a rubber spatula. Then, add in the egg mixture and continue to fold.
- Grease and flour a bundt cake pan or whatever pan you like and pour in the batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- To make the syrup, melt the rest of the butter and sugar and cook on high for a few minutes to thicken.
- Turn the heat off, add in the rum, and pour it all over the cake, wait 1 hour for it to absorb, and enjoy!