These black bean brownies are not only delicious, but they’re totally vegan and pretty healthy considering they’re a dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups of black beans
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup or agave
- 2 tablespoons of sugar of any kind
- 1/4 cup of any kind of oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup or more of chocolate chips
- First, start by draining and rinsing the beans very well. You don’t want them to have any of the liquid from the cans left on them or the brownies will be salty.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor except for the chocolate chips and blend until very smooth.
- Then, pour the chocolate chips in and stir by hand until mixed well.
- Grease an 8×8 pan well and pour the batter in. If you want to put more chocolate chips on top, now is the time!
- Then, bake at 350 F for 15-19 minutes. Sometimes the brownies will still feel underdone after that but don’t cook them more or they will dry out severely! Instead, put them in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight to firm up.
- If it does look done, wait 10-15 minutes to cut, and then enjoy!