Do you remember making rice crispy treats as a child with your mom? Oh, the marshmallow goodness! This recipe is a healthier adult-version of rice crispy treats with cashew butter and honey. It’s also dairy-free and keto-friendly! You’ll only need five ingredients to whip up this treat.
- 4 1/2 cups rice crisps cereal
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with tin foil, making sure it hangs over the sides so you can easily take the treats out of the dish once they’re complete.
- Combine cashew butter, honey, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring often until the mixture is smooth and starts to bubble.
- Pour cashew butter mixture in a mixing bowl and use a wooden spoon to stir it with the cereal, coating evenly.
- Put the cereal mixture in the baking dish and use your hands to push it into treats.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until firm and cooled, for about an hour.
- Lift the tinfoil up and pull the treats off the disk. Cut into slices and enjoy!