Even if you’ve committed to eating healthily this year, it’s okay to indulge every now and again. That means swapping out your egg white omelet or bowl of fruit at breakfast for some pancakes.
The good news is that these particular pancakes are actually rather good for you so it isn’t such a compromise. In addition to being a fantastic source of protein, cottage cheese will leave the center of the pancakes melted and moreish.
- 1 ½ cups cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Add the cottage cheese to a mixing bowl followed by the eggs, vanilla, sugar, baking powder, and flour. Be sure to mix the batter while adding each ingredient.
- Pre-heat a skillet with canola oil on medium heat.
- Place a spoonful of the batter on the skillet and fry on each side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with honey or maple syrup.