This caramelized banana oatmeal recipe tops any other oatmeal dish that you’ve tried before and it’s perfect way to start your day. It’s virtually impossible to have a bad day when you start off on such a sweet note.
- 2 large bananas cut into pieces
- 3/4 cups oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Get a saucepan and fill it with the almond milk and oats. Wait for the mixture to start boiling, then set the heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Don’t forget to stir it several times.
- When the oats are done, include the cinnamon, butter, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, and salt.
- Let it simmer for 5 more minutes and when it’s done take the saucepan away from the heat.
- Now you can caramelize the bananas. Use a saute pan to mix the rest of the sugar and coconut oil.
- When it starts melting, add the bananas as well. Let them cook for 3 minutes, then turn the pieces on the other side. Caramelize for 1 more minute.
- Transfer the oatmeal in a bowl or plate. This recipe is meant for 2 to 4 servings. Add the bananas on top, and finish off with the pecans.