Cutting off sugar is never easy, and if that’s something you’re doing right now, we congratulate you. If you’ve been craving something sweet, but don’t want to jeopardize your new healthy lifestyle, these incredible vegan balls are just the thing you need.
Hello Magazine shared a delicious recipe by Annabel Karmel, the author of several nutrition books. Scroll down to see her recipe for tasty chocolate balls that are vegan and completely guilt-free. They will completely satisfy your craving for store-bought candy and are far better for you and your health.
You Will Need
- 5 1/2 oz (160g) pitted dates
- 5 1/2 oz (160g) cashew nuts
- 4 oz (100g) raisins
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Cocoa powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Chop the dates. Put the dates, cashew nuts, raisins, cocoa powder, orange extract, and 4 tbsp of boiling water in a food processor. Blend until you get an even mixture.
- Transfer everything into a bowl and start making balls. You should get 15 to 20 balls.
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder, desiccated coconut, or chocolate sprinkles.
- Place on a plate and leave in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.