Stuffed peppers are a great way to feed a crowd, or to have a meal for the entire week that you can make in a snap! Try this vegetarian version for added health benefits!
- 2 cups of cooked rice or quinoa
- 6-8 bell peppers
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cup of Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 of a small onion
- 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- First, start by draining and rinsing the black beans. Put them into a bowl and leave to the side.
- Chop up the tomatoes and add them to the bowl as well.
- Dice the onion and add that to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients, except for the actual bell peppers and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Carefully cut off the tops of each pepper and take out the seeds and membrane.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and put the peppers in for just 1 minute to start the cooking process.
- Then, take them out, scoop the mixture into each one, and then put them in a baking dish. Put 1/3 cup of water on the bottom so they steam in the oven, and cover them with the remainder of the cheese.
- Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!