Having tacos is a great option for a quick dinner after a long day because you can make almost every element in advanced! However, if you are vegan, preparing all the elements can take a bit more creativity since you can’t use conventional taco fillings. Luckily, these mushroom tacos are just what you need to get full and satisfied.
What brings these tacos to like are all the sauces. For these tacos, both salsa verde and guacamole are used. They not only keep the taco creamy but add lots of healthy benefits.
- Put a bit of olive oil on some portobello mushrooms and grill them for a few minutes on each side.
- Cut up red cabbage into strips and put them in a bowl with a bit of apple cider vinegar to quickly pick up the acidity.
- To make the salsa verde, peal, rinse and roast some tomatillos. Put them in a food processor with onion, garlic, lime juice, and cilantro.
- To make the guacamole, mash an avocado with lime juice and salt.
- Assemble the tacos in corn or flour tortillas first with a bit of lettuce, then mushrooms, cabbage, guacamole, and finally the salsa verde.
- Top with more cilantro and enjoy!