Enjoying a warm, healthy soup in the winter or autumn is the best thing you can do. The total cooking time for this chicken rice soup is just 35 minutes. All the ingredients below are very easy to get and the procedure so so simple. The recipe is meant for 4 servings.
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup peeled carrots, cut lengthwise and sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Get a large pot and turn on the stove to medium heat.
- Add the butter and wait for it to melt. Once it does, add the celery, onion, and carrots.
- Cook them together for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Next, include the garlic and continue cooking for half a minute.
- Include the chicken, salt, pepper, chicken broth, Italian seasoning. Wait for the soup to start simmering.
- Let it cook for 10 to 15 more minutes. When the vegetables are soft you can add in the rice.
- Cook the chicken rice soup for 5 more minutes.
- Serve it right away topped off with parsley.