January is all about holidays and spending time with your favorite people. What better way to celebrate than with a delicious beef tenderloin recipe cooked with garlic butter sauce?
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 lb beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied
- parsley sprigs
*You can make things easier by cutting the beef into 2 pieces before you start cooking.*
- Set the oven to 450 F degrees to preheat.
- Get a pan that is safe for the oven and fill it with olive oil. Prepare the meat by adding the salt and pepper to it.
- Cook the olive oil with the meat for 4 minutes per side on high heat.
- While the beef tenderloin is cooking combine the garlic and butter together in a bowl.
- Add this sauce on top of the meat.
- Now you can put the pan in the oven and leave it in for 20 minutes. It all depends on how you want the meat to be cooked. This time is for medium-rare, but if you prefer it well done, continue cooking.
- Add a lid to the pan and leave the meat to rest.
- Cut it into pieces and serve it with parsley on top. Enjoy!