There’s nothing more relaxing than baking on a Saturday afternoon. We’re always looking for new recipes to try out and lemon pound cake is a classic dessert that has been around forever. Check out this delicious recipe below.
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup softened salted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Start by setting the oven to 350 F degrees. Prepare a bundt cake pan with cooking spray or flour.
- Combine the cream cheese and butter together. Beat them with a mixer to get a smooth mixture.
- Start adding the eggs, one by one, while also beating. Next, include the lemon extract, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- You can start adding the flower, just do it slowly. Mix to get a smooth mixture.
- When you’re done you can transfer the batter into the bundt pan.
- Let it bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes and let it cool down for 15.
- To make the glaze for the lemon pound cake you need to mix the lemon juice, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Top the cake off with the glaze and wait until it gets hard.