Do you not want to give up on lasagna but would like to make it a bit healthier? Well, what if we told you that this is possible? All you need to do is get creative with the ingredients.
For those wanting to eat lasagna that’s more on the healthier side or if you just want to mix it up a bit, our spinach lasagna is the perfect choice. It will be a true game changer and a new favorite in your household.
- 7 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 490F.
- Wash the baby spinach and blanch it. Cut it into small pieces and squeeze out the excess water.
- Add blanched spinach to a bowl alongside ricotta and mascarpone. Add a generous amount of salt and pepper, and then mix thoroughly.
- Salt the boiled water and cook lasagna noodles for around three minutes. Drain them and line them on a paper towel.
- Brush your baking dish with olive oil and line it with three noodles. Add half of the spinach and cheese mixture.
- Top with three more noodles and add the remained of spinach and cheese mixture alongside basil pesto.
- Finish off with the remaining noodles and add more ricotta and shredded parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Dig in.