Many of us want to cut down on our caffeine consumption, but that doesn’t mean you have to go without hot drinks. Check out this recipe for turmeric latte, which is rich, gently spiced and an excellent energizer! You can adapt the quantities of spices to adjust the taste to suit you, and if you don’t drink cow’s milk opt for any plant-based alternative instead. The most important thing is that the liquid doesn’t boil, as this can ruin the taste and texture (and is incredibly hard to scrap off your pan!)
Ingredients (to serve 1):
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Heat the milk in a pan on the stovetop.
- Stir in the spices and honey.
- Heat through for 5 – 10 minutes, but don’t let it boil.
- If you wish, you can whisk or froth the milk, taking care it doesn’t spill.
- Serve immediately.
Turmeric lattes are warming, soothing and totally delicious, so check out this recipe and adapt it until it’s perfect for you!