Even if you don’t eat meat, you can still enjoy a crispy, chicken-style sandwich that will totally satisfy your cravings for fast food!
- 1 hamburger bun
- 2 “chicken” patties of choice (we recommend fried cauliflower patties or seitan patties)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of vegan or regular mayo
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha or another hot sauce
- 1 leaf of iceberg lettuce
- 2 slices of tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, start by putting the patties into a toaster oven or onto the skillet for the amount of time instructed on the package.
- Then, heat up 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a regular or nonstick skillet. Crack the egg, let it cook for 4-5 minutes, and then cover the skillet for 1-2 minutes until the white has set by the yolk is still runny. Turn off the heat but keep it covered until serving.
- Brush the buns with the remaining olive oil and toast in the oven or on the stove.
- Shred the iceberg lettuce and leave to the side.
- In a small bowl, mix up the mayo and sriracha, taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, assemble the sandwich. Spread the sriracha mayo on both buns, then put down the chicken patties. Follow them with the lettuce, tomato slices, and finally top with the fried egg.