Salt and vinegar chips are a classic flavor combination, and if you love the, try making them at home with this recipe!
- 4 potatoes sliced on a mandoline or very thinly
- 3 cups of white vinegar
- 1 cup of cold water+more to cover
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Place the potato slices in a large bowl and over them with cold water. Leave them for 30 minutes stirring slightly every 10, and then drain them and dry them on paper towels.
- In that same bowl mix the vinegar and 1 cup of cold water. Add the potato back in and cover the bowl and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes. Uncover, stir, and chill for another 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot or dutch oven heat up the oil until it’s 375 F. .
- Using a slotted spoon to take the potatoes out of the vinegar solution, put them into the oil and fry for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Repeat for all the batches.
- When the potatoes are golden brown, put them into a bowl that is lined with paper towels so they can drain.
- Put them into a fresh bowl for serving, season with salt to your taste, and enjoy!