What’s more comforting and hearty than a delicious meat stew? Check out this recipe, which combines healthy vegetables with tender pieces of venison, to create a fantastic, rich meal perfect for a weekend dinner.
Ingredients (to serve 2):
- 2 cups of venison pieces
- 1 white onion, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon of miso paste
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1 cup of beef stock
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Heat the butter in a pan and then add the onion, garlic, leek and potatoes. Fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots and venison pieces, fry for a further 7 minutes.
- Add the miso paste, beef stock and red wine, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish and bake in the oven for 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Serve with crusty bread and steamed greens.