During the working week, lunch can often be the most rushed meal of the day. Although ideally, we would all take a decent break away from our desks for the lunch hour, in reality sometimes this can’t happen. Here are three speedy, tasty, healthy lunch options for those days when you can’t leave your desk for more than five minutes.
- 1 nest of quick-cook noodles
- 1 sliced spring onion
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, sliced
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon of chilli sauce
- Place all of the ingredients in a heat-proof pot or jar.
- When you’re ready to eat, pour 3/4 cup of boiling water over the ingredients in the jar. Place a lid over the jar to allow the ingredients to cook, and leave for 5 minutes.
- Stir or shake gently, and then eat.
- ½ cup of chickpeas
- ½ cup of spinach
- ¼ cup of mixed seeds
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a food processor, blitz all of the ingredients together until smooth. Place in a pot.
- At lunchtime, spread some of your hummus over crackers, or over fresh vegetables such as celery, cucumber, or zucchini.
Tomato Fish Spread
- ½ tin of tinned fish (such as sardines, tuna, or mackerel)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of capers ¼ cup of chickpeas
- In a food processor, blitz the fish, tomato paste and chickpeas together (you may need to add a drop of oil or water to loosen).
- Stir the capers through the mash
- At lunchtime, spread over crackers, bread, or fresh vegetables