When you think of scallops, you might not think there is any way to make them vegan. Well, think again! Making vegan scallops is not only easy, but they’re much better for you than regular scallops while still getting you full from all the fiber!
For these vegan scallops, you will need king oyster mushrooms. They tend to be a little pricey, but normally not any more than regular scallops.
You will also need:
any type of seaweed
- Start by cutting the oyster mushroom into one-inch pieces and scoring them on the top.
- In a saucepan, combine the rest of the ingredients and whisk while it’s heating up so the miso paste dissolves into the mixture.
- Put the mushrooms into the broth and simmer them for 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes is up, save the liquid but take out the mushrooms and dry them on a paper towel.
- Heat up a skillet with some sesame oil, or plain if you don’t have any, and sear the mushrooms on each side until they’re golden brown.
- Serve the scallops with the poaching liquid as the sauce and enjoy!