If you’ve got a can of tuna lurking in your pantry, you can throw together this pasta dish. Simple, but full of flavor, it makes use of things you already have in your fridge and can be created in minutes for those evenings when you want something delicious but don’t feel like putting in the effort.
- 1 pack spaghetti
- 1 can tuna in oil, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup cream
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente.
- When the pasta is almost ready, fry the garlic in hot oil for 30 seconds.
- Add in the tuna, capers, lemon juice, and fennel, and allow to heat through. Add in the cream.
- Once the pasta is done, add a few tablespoons of pasta water to the sauce and then add in the pasta. Top with parsley and season with salt and pepper.