If you’re ever stuck with what to make when you want something filling, delicious, and healthy, white beans are the way to go. This recipe for a warm white bean salad has some really bold flavors and textures but won’t weigh you down.
- In a dry skillet, toast two tablespoons of breadcrumbs just until they’re fragrant. Put the breadcrumbs in a small bowl to the side and add in several cracks of fresh black pepper and 2-3 tablespoons of Parmesan and mix well.
- Over low heat in the same skillet, heat up 1/4 cup of olive oil along with 5 cloves of roughly chopped garlic.
- After 30 seconds, add in 1/2 tablespoon of fresh chopped rosemary and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- Finally, add in 2 cans or 3 cups of cooked white beans of your choice and turn the heat up the medium.
- While you stir the beans, make sure to use a rubber spatula so the beans don’t break since they have a very fine skin.
- Cook the beans with everything for about 3-4 minutes and then add in a handful of whatever greens you have on hand and let them wilt for just 30 seconds or so.
- Top the pan off with the breadcrumb mixture and you’re ready to enjoy!