Pisang Goreng is a dessert/snack that’s popular in Asian countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, the Philippines, Thailand, and Cambodia. Pisang Goreng translates to fried bananas and that’s exactly what hides behind this mysterious name.
To make Pisang Goreng, you’ll need some batter, bananas, and oil for deep frying. Here’s the recipe you can use to make this delicious dish at home.
- 6 firm bananas
- 2 cups crushed rice cereals
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix rice flour, egg, salt, and water in a large form to make the batter.
- Place rice cereals on a plate.
- Heat the oil for deep frying.
- Cut bananas in half, crosswise.
- Dip your banana halves into the batter, then roll them in the crushed rice cereals.
- Place each banana half into hot oil and only fry for a minute or two until golden.
- For an authentic feel, serve with a warm mug of Teh Tarik tea.