Italian wedding soup is such a rich, warm, and delicious soup to eat, you’ll fall in love with it as soon as you try it. See the ingredients you need and detailed instructions below.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 oz ground meat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch greens such as escarole, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 minced cloves garlic
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 diced medium yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 3/4 cup cooked small pasta such as orzo
- lemon wedges
- red pepper flakes
- Combine the breadcrumbs, ground meat, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, salt, pepper, and oregano together.
- Mix all the ingredients and divide the meat into 20 to 30 balls.
- Get a skillet and heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Start cooking the meatballs for 3 to 5 minutes per batch.
- When the meatballs are done remove them from the oil and put them on a plate with paper.
- Get a pot and heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute the garlic and onion together for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, pour in the chicken broth. Wait for the mixture to start boiling.
- Include the greens, then let it simmer with a lid on for 10 minutes.
- During the following step, you need to add the meatballs and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 2 eggs, and 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese. Beat the ingredients together.
- Add the mixture to the pot, mixing very slowly. Add the lid again and let it simmer for 30 seconds.
- Include the pasta, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and a little lemon juice. The Italian wedding soup is ready to be served.