Canned biscuit can be a real lifesaver. Biscuit dough is great for solving all sorts of problems, and they go way beyond just making biscuits in the morning. Biscuit dough is actually the source of homemade doughnuts for all occasions, whether it be for breakfast, a birthday, or just a fun treat. They’re so easy to make, so anyone can have fresh donuts just like that.
- Start by pouring a few inches of any neutral oil into a heavy bottomed pot and bringing it up to 325 F.
- While the oil is heating up, crack open a can of biscuit dough and get to shaping! If you want to be really simple, you can just make donut holes by cutting up each round of dough into little pieces.
- If you want to get fancy, you can take a shot glass or something round and small and cut out a hole in the middle of each biscuit to make a donut shape.
- Then, once the oil is hot enough, drop in the dough. Make sure to do it away from you in case it splatters!
- Fry on each side until golden brown, drain, and cover in sugar or leave plain!