There are two ingredients that make just about anything taste good: garlic and cheese. While we wouldn’t necessarily use the combo when making ice cream (though, don’t tempt us), it will make these green beans your favorite side.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- ¼ cup mozzarella, grated
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- On a large sheet pan, toss the green beans with oil and salt. Place in the oven and toss after 7 minutes. Roast for 10-15 minutes, until the beans are crisp but tender.
- Toss green beans again and sprinkle with garlic and pepper. Top with Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Heat the broiler and broil the beans until the cheese is melted and golden brown. This should take 2 to 3 minutes but watch closely to ensure the cheese does not burn. Season with more pepper and serve.