Buddha bowls have been all the rage for the last several years, and if you haven’t gotten into them, there’s no time like the present. They are really great for people who need to eat more vegetables but want something that is still scrumptious. This chickpea buddha bowl is full of yummy ingredients that you will surely love.
- Start by heating your oven to 450 F and spreading your chickpeas on a cookie sheet. Toss them in oil and spices like cumin, paprika, chili flakes, garlic or onion powder, or simply with just salt and pepper. Roast until crispy, about 20-30 minutes.
- Make the dressing for the buddha bowl while the chickpeas are cooking. Put 1/4 cup of tahini in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of water, the juice of half a lemon, and half a garlic clove thinly diced. Mix to combine and add more water if the dressing is too thick.
- In a bowl, put in any greens you have like kale, spinach, or even just lettuce.
- Then, in a circular motion around the bowl, fill it with the chickpeas, any other roasted vegetables you have on hand, any vegetables in your fridge like thinly sliced radishes or peppers, thinly sliced avocado, and whatever grain you have.
- Pour over the dressing and enjoy!