Chicken tamale pie is the best of chicken tamales, but a lot easier. Luckily, it does not lack in flavor and you can easily make it for a crowd!
- 1 box of corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups of shredded chicken pre-cooked
- 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey jack
- Grease an ovenproof skillet with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Whisk together the corn muffin mix with sour cream, egg, corn, and melted butter. Pour into the skillet and bake for 15 minutes at 400 F.
- Chop up the onion and cook over medium heat in a skillet with some oil for 5 minutes until soft. Mince the garlic, add it in, and cook for another minute. Add in taco seasoning, the chicken, and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce. Taste and salt to your preference.
- When the cornbread is done, poke holes into it with a wooden spoon and pour the rest of the enchilada sauce onto it. Put the chicken mix on top, sprinkle over the cheeses, bake for 20 minutes at 400 F, and serve!