Chow mein is such a delicious dish to treat yourself to at a Chinese take-out place, but once you learn to make it at home, it is just as easy to do by yourself!
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1/4 head of cabbage
- 2 tablespoons of grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce, or 1 1/2 teaspoons of soy sauce with the same amount of brown sugar or molasses
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 12 oz of chow mein noodles or yakisoba noodles if you can’t find any
- First, start by cooking the chow mein noodles according to the package. Just so they don’t get too mushy, pull them out 1 minute sooner than the instructions.
- While the noodles cook, shred the cabbage.
- Heat up a large pan or wok over high heat and add in the canola oil.
- Fry the cabbage for just 2-3 minutes, and add the garlic in for the last 20-30 seconds.
- Add in both of the soy sauces, the oyster sauce, and the water. Cook for 1 minute.
- Finally, take out the noodles and add that to the wok as well just for another minute to crisp up and get covered in the sauce.
- Enjoy right away!