Are you looking to spice up your breakfasts? This “salad” has three citrus fruits and a homemade vanilla yogurt base. The crunchy seed topping makes it filling and the perfect start to your day! This recipe makes four servings.
Nut and Seed Crumble:
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed kernels
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 1 blood orange
- 1 naval orange
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg white, sugar, cinnamon, oil, and salt. Add the almonds, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds and continue stirring.
- Spread them evenly on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt, honey, and vanilla and spread it onto four salad plates in a thin layer.
- Cut the tops and bottoms of the fruit and cut away the peel and white bits. Slide the knife between the thin white membranes between the segments of the fruit and get rid of the membranes.
- Put the fruit on top of the yogurt and sprinkle the nut crumble.
- Serve immediately.