Who doesn’t love corndogs? Good news – now you can enjoy your favorite snack for breakfast! This corndog casserole takes an hour to prepare, but don’t worry it’s totally worth the time – it’s that good! You can make it the night before and have it for several days in a row.
- 1 1/2 lb hot dogs
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 17 oz cornbread muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sliced green onions
- Get a skillet and add the butter in it.
- Start cooking the celery together with the butter for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes you can add the onions and continue cooking for 5 more.
- Take the skillet off the heat and transfer the cooked onions and celery in a bowl.
- Cut the hot dogs into smaller pieces. Cook the hot dogs in the skillet for 5 minutes.
- Fill 1 cup with the cooked vegetables and add the remaining to the skillet.
- Mix the milk, eggs, pepper, and sage together in a bowl.
- Include the hot dog mix from the skillet together with the cornbread mix.
- Mix all the ingredients well together.
- Next, pour in 1 1/2 cup cheese and prepare a baking dish.
- Fill the dish with the mixture, as a final layer use the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 F degrees.