Have you ever tried traditional Flan with an overdose of caramel? It is incredibly delicious! Another thing you should try is making it with extra coconut. The mixture of caramel and coconut is amazing. All that’s left to say is, hurry up and try this recipe!
For the Caramel:
* 4 tablespoons water
* 1 cup coconut sugar
For the Flan:
* 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
* 4 eggs
* 1½ cups evaporated coconut milk
* 1¾ cups condensed coconut milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a saucepan on medium heat, melt the sugar and water. Stir often to create a thick consistency like caramel.
3. Pour the caramel into a 9-inch glass pie pan and allow to cool so that it doesn’t run.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs and arrowroot starch.
5. Add the milks and vanilla.
6. Slowly pour milk mixture into the pie pan on top of the caramel.
7. Put the pie pan in a baking dish and place in the oven.
8. Take some boiling water and fill the baking dish as a water bath.
9. Bake for 45–50 minutes.
10. Let cool and then place in fridge for 4–6 hours or overnight.
To serve, place a large plate face down on top of the pie pan and carefully flip the flan onto the plate. In case it hasn’t been devoured yet, you can store it in the fridge for 2-3 days.