Homemade ravioli is easy with this amazing hack!
- 1 package of wonton or gyoza wrappers
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg, freshly grated if possible
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- Start by lightly flouring the surface where you’ll be assembling the ravioli and heavily flouring the place where you’ll be putting the finished ravioli so they don’t dry out while you make all the others.
- Take the ricotta cheese and drain it if it seems wet, and then put it into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add in the nutmeg, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to your liking. You can also add in fresh herbs or some vegetables if you like, this is simply the base filling.
- Beat the egg white for about 30 seconds.
- Take one of the wonton wrappers and fill it with about 1 teaspoon of the filling.
- Using your finger or a pastry brush, lightly brush the edges of the wonton wrapper with the egg white.
- Then, place another wrapper on top to create a seal. At this point, you can also cut out any shapes you want the ravioli to be in, or you can leave them as squares.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the ravioli for 3-4.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy!