Are you looking for a cake recipe that’s more exciting than vanilla, but a bit lighter than chocolate? Well, we’ve found it with this lemon olive oil cake. Done in 1h and 15 minutes, it will satisfy all your senses.
For the Cake:
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 2/3 all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
For the Lemon Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Set the oven to 350 F degrees and prepare a 9-inch springform pan with spray.
- Combine the baking powder, salt, and flour together in a bowl.
- Get a second bowl to mix the eggs and granulated sugar with an electric mixer. Use low speed, then include the 1 tablespoon lemon peel, olive oil, and yogurt.
- Continue beating until you get a smooth mixture. Transfer the mixture into the springform pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and let it bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Take out the pan and let the lemon olive oil cake cool down for 15 minutes.
- Poke holes at every inch of the cake before you prepare the topping.
- Mix the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and olive oil together until combined. Add it on top of the cake.
- Finish off with the grated lemon peel.