Finding the perfect side to go along with your meal can be difficult. If you’re looking for a side to accompany your Asian-style meal, you have to try this spicy accordion cucumber salad.
Refreshing, crunchy, and with a little kick, this salad doesn’t overpower your meal but provides just enough flavor to make it a bit more interesting. Or just have it as a snack by itself! Either way, the accordion style of cutting will never disappoint, and neither will the flavor.
@basicsundaycooking This made me so happy #fyp #TurboTaxAndRelax #korean #cucumber #vegetables #veggies #koreanfood #mukbang #koreanrecipe #asmr #kpop #spicyfood ♬ original sound – BasicSundayCooking
- 6 mini cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or more if you’re a garlic girl like us)
- Black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or chili oil)
- Red pepper flakes
- To achieve an accordion cut, place your cucumber in between two chopsticks or butter knives. Cut your cucumber until the knife touches the chopsticks. Then, flip your cucumber over, place it between the chopsticks again and cut at a diagonal angle. Pull them apart gently and see the magic!
- Mix together the rest of your ingredients in a separate bowl. Feel free to add less or more depending on your preferences.
- Pour the sauce on the cucumbers, covering them evenly. Let them marinate for at least 30 minutes, or even leave them to marinate overnight.