Iced tea is a classic summer drink that’s really perfect in every way. It’s so easy to make, it’s really cheap, and you can use it for so many different purposes.
The only thing about iced tea is that it does take a while to make, so the best solution is to always have a pitcher in your fridge ready to go! Follow this recipe and tips on how to use it and your summer will be amazing.
- 8-12 bags of black tea
- 5 oz of water per bag
- simple syrup or honey
- Extras: lemon wedges, lime wedges, fresh sprigs of mint.
- Put as many tea bags as you like into a pitcher, and fill it up with 5 oz of water per tea bag.
- Stick it into the fridge for at least 12 hours and up to 24.
- Mix it with a simple syrup or honey when you’re ready to drink. This will sweeten it and dissolve well, whereas sugar will not dissolve into the cold water.
- Drink it as it is, or add a sprig of mint, a wedge of lime or lemon to really freshen it up!
- Use it as a mixer with bourbon, rum, or any other alcohol you want! Iced tea is a great mixer as it also has no calories before you add the sweeteners.