This raspberry mousse is perfect for when you need a dessert that’s super light, really fresh and a crowd pleaser!
- Place 4 sheets of leaf gelatin in a bowl with cold water for 5 minutes until they are soft.
- Once they are, pour out most of the water and squeeze out as much water as you can. You want there to only be about 1 tablespoon of water left just so you can melt the gelatin.
- Put the bowl over a saucepan for a few minutes until the gelatin has melted slightly.
- In a food processor or blender, blitz up 12 oz of raspberries and then strain them so there are no seeds left.
- In another bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whisk 4 egg yolks with 3 oz of sugar until it’s pale and fluffy. Add in the raspberries and gelatin mix gently.
- Whip up 5 oz of heavy cream to soft peaks and fold that into the mixture as well.
- Finally, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold 2 tablespoons worth of them into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into bowls or one big bowl and chill for at least 4 hours and then serve them with extra whipped cream and raspberries or however you like!