Taco Tuesday has become hugely popular and instead of having just tacos, why not try this taco salad casserole? It tastes just like taco salad and it’s super easy to prepare. The whole meal comes together in less than 40 minutes! Here’s how to make it.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced Olives
- Sour Cream
- Picante Sauce
- Cook beef, onion, and green pepper in a large skillet over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and then drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir for about three minutes or until thickened.
- Place chips in greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Stir refried beans in a large bowl and spread them over the chips. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375 F for 15-20 minutes, until heated through.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and olives.
- Serve with sour cream and Picante sauce.