Matcha has been super trendy lately. This vegan matcha cheesecake is so creamy that you’ll instantly fall in love with the recipe. You can find everything you need for this cheesecake below!
For the crust:
- 50 g vegan butter, melted
- 150 g vegan digestive biscuits
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
For the filling:
- 80 ml agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 g raw cashews
- 1 1/2 tablespoon organic matcha powder
- 200 g vegan cream cheese
- 120 ml almond milk
- 60 ml coconut oil
- Prepare a baking tin with cooking spray or baking paper.
- Crush 150 g digestive biscuits into crumbs and place them in a bowl. Combine them with the melted butter and mix very well.
- When the dough is done, place it on the baking tin, using pressure. Leave the tin in the fridge for half an hour.
- For the filling, fill a pan with water. Add the cashews and wait for the water to start boiling.
- Continue cooking the cashews for 20 minutes.
- Wait for the water to cool down a little, then transfer the cashews into a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend to get a smooth paste.
- Top the base with the filling and place the tin in the fridge for at least 8 hours. Decorate the matcha cheesecake with your favorite toppings.