Escarole is an awesome leafy green that is definitely underused in a lot of people’s kitchens. Escarole is really popular in Italy, which is why this escarole soup recipe has so much Italian flare. Not only does this soup come together in less than 15 minutes, but it’s incredibly healthy and bursting with flavor and protein! You can make this for a big crowd and everyone will adore it. So if you want to build up your soup arsenal, this is the recipe to start with.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil plus more for serving
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pound of escarole
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 4 cups of broth
- 1 oz piece of parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, start by finely mincing the garlic and chopping up the escarole.
- Heat up the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pot over medium heat and then add in the garlic.
- Once it’s fragrant, add in the chopped escarole and salt it.
- Cook until the escarole has wilted and then put into the pot the beans, the broth, and the cheese.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes and then taste for seasonings and adjust.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of raw olive oil and enjoy!