Are you looking for new recipes to surprise your kids with in order to make dinner that much more enjoyable? In that case, Italian sausage burgers could be just what you need. Here’s how you can whip up this alternative, juicy burger that will light up your kids’ weeknights.
- 1 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 6 ounces of provolone cheese
- 4 burger buns
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- Place a large grill pan over medium-high heat and pour the olive oil into the pan. Make four to six patties from the Italian sausage and place them on the pan. Cook for about four to five minutes before flipping and grilling the other side.
- As the patties cook, slice up some onion rings and throw them in a bowl with vinegar and a dash of salt. Submerge the onion rings fully in the water and allow them to boil for five minutes.
- About one minute before the patties are ready, flip them again so the hot side is facing up. Place a slice or two of cheese on each patty and place each one in a bun, topped off with the onions and peppers.