Who doesn’t love a nice warm cookie straight out of the oven? Sure there’s the classics like chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, and peanut butter cookies, but why not try something new? Snickerdoodles are perfect for cinnamon lovers and they’re super buttery and soft. Bake some today!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar until it’s light and fluffy and beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar, until it’s a creamed mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in cinnamon sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until light brown, for 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.