Lamb chops are usually something that people don’t cook at home, but in reality, they’re super easy and quick to make!
The longest part of the process it marinading them but after that, they’re on the table in 10 minutes. This recipe works for 8 chops that are 1 inch in thickness, perfect for an impromptu dinner party!
- Start by marinading the lamb chops to increase the flavor.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 6 cloves of crushed garlic, 1 tablespoon each of oregano, rosemary, mint, and parsley, and then half a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Rub it over both sides of the chops and let it marinate for 1 hour in the fridge up to 24 hours.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, and melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Before you put the chops in, season on each side generously. You don’t want to do this too early on or the salt will draw out all the moisture.
- Cook each of the chops for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the inside reaches 145 F, which is medium rare.
- While the chops are cooking, baste them, or pour over, the melted butter and olive oil to get them super flavorful all over.
- Serve and enjoy!