Overnight Oats have become a favorite as it is easy, tasty and a great make-ahead breakfast. Who doesn’t love waking up to a breakfast already prepared? Plus, it can easily become your go-to breakfast when working from an office or even from home.
Have a look at these easy and special three overnight oats recipes:
- CINNAMON APPLE PIE OVERNIGHT OATS
* 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
* 1 teaspoon ground flaxseeds
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ready-mixed or homemade apple pie spice
* 1/2 – 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
* 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 1 3/4 cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
* 1/4 cup chopped apples
Caramelised Apple Topping:
* 1 large apple, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
*1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
*1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
*1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pecans or walnuts.
Extra almond milk for serving is also optional.
For the Overnight Oats: Combine all the ingredients in a large resealable bowl or divide into mason jars or any other type of small resealable container in the order as they appear.
Give it a good stir, cover with the lid, and place in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4-5 hours.
For the Apple Topping: In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add apples, maple syrup, and cinnamon and saute for about 5 minutes or until the apples turn golden brown and begin to soften.
Remove from heat and set aside. (You can make this ahead of time and place in a covered container in the refrigerator).When ready to eat, remove from the refrigerator and give the oats a good stir or shake and garnish with apple pie topping, add desired toppings on top.
When I wake up to a snow day, you better believe I’m making my clean apple pie oatmeal! This bowl is full of protein, healthy fat, and no added sugar, and the full recipe can be found on my blog! It’s honestly the breakfast I crave more than any other! PS. There are only a couple of hours left to enter my @eatnuttzo giveaway a few posts back, don’t miss it! #whatgriffineats
- ESPRESSO OVERNIGHT OATS (with Salted Date Caramel)Ingredients:
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 1 tablespoon chia seeds
* 3/4 cup almond milk
* 1/2 cup strong cold press OR brewed coffee
* 2 tablespoons maple syrup
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 4 Medjool dates, pitted
* Pinch of salt
For the Overnight Oats: Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix again. Place in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
For the Date Caramel: Place 4 Medjool dates into a high-speed food processor. Process on high until pureed. Depending on how soft your dates are, you may need to add water. Add the 1/2 teaspoon.
- BLUEBERRY PANCAKE OVERNIGHT OATS
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
* 1 cup Almond almond milk
* 1/2 teaspoon butter extract (or 1 tablespoon butter)
* 3 tablespoons maple syrup (plus extra for optional drizzling)
* 1/4 cup pecan halves
* 1/2 cup blueberriesInstructions:
Mix together the oats, flax meal, almond milk, extract (or butter), and maple syrup together. Keep in an airtight container in your refrigerator overnight, or at least three hours. The next morning, stir in the pecans and blueberries and eat cold or warmed up.